Organic farming and organic processes are about working with natural inputs and as little as possible of anything that will cause adverse environmental impact.
A key principle in organic production systems is to direct farming activity at improving the soil humus content so that plants and animals are being provided with an abundance of naturally occurring nutrients rather than water soluble elements
An organic certification offers you:
- the recognition needed for access to niche organic domestic & export markets
- written guarantee of quality to the customer
- consumer reassurance that organic goals and objectives are being met while being closely monitored by a third party
Anyone who produces, prepares or markets certified organic, bio-dynamic or in-conversion products must be certified through an approved certifying organisation such as OFC.
We certify to the National Standard for Organic and Bio-
Products certified organic in Australia:
- Do not contain Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s)
- Do not contain synthetic additives
- Do not use chemical insecticides, herbicides or fungicides
- Have not been treated with ionising radiation
- Do not interfere with the natural metabolism of livestock and plants, and
- Are not manufactured or produced using nanotechnology.
Want to know who has already made the smart choice to be certified organic with OFC? Here is a list of our certified operators.
Go to this page for further information on how to become certified organic with OFC.
Go to this page for a client information kit, certification policies, application forms and fee structures.
Looking for the Australian organic standard? Look no further! Here it is.